That Whole Rigamarole

Friday, May 23, 2003

All Male Clubs

It sounds as though Annika Sorenstam is blowing up as I post this. That's too bad, I was enjoying following this story and I'm interested in finding out where the dominant female golfer stacks up against the very best in the world. Of the various objections to her participation, I think the dumbest is that it's "a publicity stunt." As though the PGA Tour itself was something other than a publicity machine. Maybe we're supposed to think the touring pros wear all those logos because they appreciate graphic design. Of the many things I dislike about golf, probably the most annoying is the idea that it's more than a game and purer than other sports or games.

For a different perspective on females in male domains, check out how this reporter learned why there are no women in infantry battalions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home