That Whole Rigamarole

Friday, February 18, 2005

Aikido Clinic

Tomorrow I am going to OKC for an aikido "clinic" (what I used to call a seminar) with the head of the organization I train with, Karl Geis. I'm really looking forward to seeing a bunch of different aikidoists who are experts in this style. I'm even looking forward to seeing the dojo, which looks to be a very cool building.

UPDATE: The building is a former restaurant, in what might have been called California Steakhouse style. It reminded me of the Parkmoor in St. Louis, if anyone knows that. It makes a good dojo. The training was like nothing I had done before in aikido. Interesting, amusing, confusing. Karl Geis is fairly irascible and obviously a badass. Probably the most application-oriented aikidoist I have run across. I had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home