That Whole Rigamarole

Thursday, July 03, 2003

See America First

Got back from a short vacation Tuesday night. We visited Wisconsin Dells, and camped in our tent. A good time was had by all, though it was a lot of work for my wife. We visited the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, the Midcontinent Railroad in North Freedom, the Upper Dells Boat Tour, and Noah's Ark Water Park. The last might have been my favorite, it being a good opportunity to catch up on the fashions in tattoos and navel piercings. I guess when every third chick at a water park in Wisconsin has a navel piercing and/or a tattoo, that is no longer "cutting edge."

It was interesting to completely drop out of the news cycle and even the baseball standings. I'm just now catching up. Apparently the President hacked some people off by daring the assholes in Iraq to come and get some. I'll agree that it's macho posturing, but I think that may be necessary in dealing with recalcitrant Arabs. We'll see how that goes. Seeing Saddam killed in a Baghdad street would really help the Iraq situation out, I think. Nothing really good is liable to happen in Iraq until the Big Man's fate is resolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home